Automated Testing VS Manual TestingJune 7, 2022
Catchy graphic design slogans and taglinesDecember 22, 2022
Tips & tricks for blog writing
It is a misconception that for writing a blog, proficient writing skills are required only; no, it’s not so, This is the first requirement, but you need to learn some tips and tricks for blog writing.
I have divided the details into Dos and Donts, so without further ado, let’s discover the rules of writing a blog:
Your blog doesn’t have to be cringe-inducing and mind-numbing. At every step, it should keep the reader awake and engaged;
Fundamental points for blog writing:
Make your writing sound clear and lucid
To the point
Keep it plain, and make sure the reader understands the necessary details.
Keep your tone confident and compelling.
Some Dos and Donts to follow
Let’s quickly go through the dos and don ts:
- No linking verb phrases as they leave a submissive effect.
- No Prepositional phrases, as they make the sentence unnecessarily longer.
- Never keep your writing tone indefinite and vague, as it confuses the reader.
- Use simple words; your reader wants simple and uncomplicated solutions. He doesn’t care about your writing capability.
- Avoid repetitions in sentences; redundancy distracts the reader and makes him lose interest in further reading.
- Discard clichés from your writing. Cliches in writing refrain you from being original and inventive. (learn how to get rid of clichés in writing )
- You may change the prepositional phrase and make it short and meaningful, such as ‘the plan of the trip is final’ or ‘the trip’s plan is final.’
- Trim down the length of the sentence by cutting down verb phrases, for example, ‘the outcomes are evocative on account of…The outcomes evocate ..’
- Make your context sound clearer; for this, you can transform the noun into a verb, for instance, ‘Peers will team up for the innovation of the latest fashion designing,’ not convincing, ‘peers will team up to innovate the latest fashion designing.’
- Pen down a motivating experience for your readers by keeping your language and words diverse.
- Variety is the spice of life; to add spice to your writing, learn to play with the structure and the length of the sentences. Bring variation and keep your reader engaged!
- Use metaphors and similes in your writing to give your reader a clear, skeptical picture. Provide your readers with solid details that appeal to their sensory cortex. ‘She has velvety skin’ ignites the reader’s mind, whereas ‘she has softer hands’ sounds too dull.
What did we learn today?
- Your blogs should be problem-solving
- Keep your story short and snappy.
- Pen down the details while keeping your reader in mind
- Research well, and collect all the factual information regarding the topic you write on.
- Don’t write long paragraphs
- Add appealing headlines
- Add final thoughts at the end of your blog
- If you are writing a business blog, then add keywords.
Practice the principles, and you will be able to write quality content that will be a hit! Always keep updating your knowledge as the rules & requirements keep changing.
Wish you happy writing!